The Office of the Vice President and Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for the strategic oversight of campus-wide information technology (IT) at The University of Texas at Austin. Overseeing and implementing new strategic directions and focus for IT resources at the university, the CIO’s office also sponsors IT committees and collaborates with IT service units across campus in support of our core mission to be more effective, efficient, and achieve operational excellence.
- Has executive responsibility for the Information Technology Services (ITS) department.
- Shares executive responsibility for the Office of Telecommunication Services (OTS) with UT System.
- Partners with the Information Security Office (ISO) to assure the security of the university's Information Technology (IT) resources and the existence of a safe computing environment in which the university community can teach, learn, and conduct research.
- Works closely with the Provost, faculty, and university leadership regarding implementation of IT initiatives.
- Provides leadership and fosters collaboration among various IT leaders across campus.
- Communicates and updates the strategic IT vision.
- Monitors progress of overall enterprise IT initiatives.
- Ensures that the governing committee structure operates in an effective and coordinated manner.